Sunday, March 1, 2020

Reversal Of Fortune

Film for the month of March is Reversal Of Fortune  1990  starring Jeremy Irons, Glen Close, and Ron Silver.   This is the story of a man accused of killing his heiress wife by injecting her with insulin, and Alan Dershowitz getting him off.   I have been watching Alan Dershowitz on tv a lot lately and I started to think about his defending O.J. Simpson and then I remembered the case of Claus Von Bulow .   I remembered he had written the book about that case back in 1985 that was then turned into a film in 1990.   I have a good friend who is a forensic scientist in South Carolina who has worked with Alan on 8 cases after speaking with her lately I started to remember her telling me the story of the  8 cases of black men accused of a crime they did  not commit and Alan was defending them free of charge ( in the end only one of the 8 was actually innocent) .   This is a very well written script and Jeremy Irons won the Academy Award for Best Actor.   I hope you enjoy this film. 

Your movie Diva,
Movielynne

PS from Carl: Lynne asked me to share the fact that this month marks the club's 8th Anniversary!  You can stroll down Memory Lane by looking though past selections in the blog site (look for Blog Archive on the right side of the page)... moviemainers.blogspot.com

Click here to view the movie's trailer.




No comments: