Friday, April 1, 2016

Albert Finney Month: The Gathering Storm | The Dresser

Dear Moviemainers,     The month of April is Albert Finney month.    Although I have seen Murder On the Orient Express maybe eighteen times , I started thinking how great an actor Albert Finney is.    Every performance I have watched   him in  he totally is believable in the part.    Two films I think you will enjoy.

2002 The Gathering Storm   This was a made for TV miniseries starring Albert Finney as Winston Churchill and Vanessa Redgrave as his wife Clementine.   This film takes place before WW2 .    This TV miniseries received an Emmy award it is well done .  Some of the film was shot at Chartwell House the real home of Churchill's.


The Dresser   1983   Starring Albert Finney and Tom Courtney .   It is the story of a small Shakespearean  traveling troupe, and the lead actor known as Sir and his Dresser known as Norman.     The relationship between the two men , through out the years.

I hear Larry would like to host?  Email and let me know.  I hear that Larry wrote a book and redid the theater?  We have got to catch up!

Movielynne























No comments: