Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Odd Man Out | Calamity Jane

Dear Moviemainers,  This month of March celebrates 4 years of the movie club (Do You Believe It ?).  I have had so much fun choosing the movies and being a part of this.  Most of all I would like to thank Carl for editing my script and posting the movie choices for the months.  Carl has a way of making me look good.  So here I go for another month of movies.  

Because it is March I always look for one great Irish movie.  This film was recommended by our waiter at T. Cook's restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona.  The waiter heard us speaking and thought it would be a great choice.  Odd Man Out  1947, starring James Mason and Robert Newton.  The effects of one man's struggle with the law and the political unrest in Northern  Ireland.  The ending was shot twice as critics thought the ending was too violent.  Roman Polanski has said this is his favorite film.

Next on the list is Calamity Jane 1953, starring Doris Day and Howard Keel.  It is a Wild West themed movie.  The song My Secret Love won the Academy Award for Best Original Song.  To me this is one of Doris Day's best films; one of my favorite songs is The Deadwood Stage better known to me as (Whip crack away!).

Have a Happy Saint Patrick's Day.

Your Movie Diva,

No comments: