Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Blithe Spirit

Hi Moviemainers,   

I am a little late as I just got back from visiting my brother in Texas.   The film for the month  of October is Blithe Spirits  1945  Starring Margaret Rutherford and Rex Harrsion .   The film was written by Noel Coward and was directed by David Lean.  The film is about a man who remarries after his first wife dies and a woman who communicates with the dead come to the house to perform a seance and that opens up a can of worms.    They did make a new version of this film in 2020, it did not receive great reviews but maybe some of you would like to see the newer version of it.   

Because it is October I like to show a film with a ghost or supernatural story.   Here is the thing with me,  I like a good ghost story but I do not enjoy blood and core.   I feel you can achieve the effect by great dialogue and great acting that still could give you a chill (I will not recommend the Exorcist as it took me a week to be able to fall asleep with the lights out after watching that film back in the 70s).   

I hope you enjoy,  and if you are interested in hosting please let me know.   

Your movie diva, 
Movielynne


Click here to view the trailer.

No comments: