Thursday, August 1, 2019

The Swimmer

Hello Moviemainers,

Well, it is August and as usual summer is going way too fast for me.  I love walking outside with just a short sleeve shirt.  I found this film I believe I saw many many years ago I thought you would enjoy so here goes.

The Swimmer 1968 Starring Burt Lancaster.  When an ad man decides to swim across every pool in town he meets up with people from his past and of different backgrounds,until a final visit leaves him devastated.  This film was shot in Westport Connecticut and the soundtrack was composed by a young 24 year old called Marvin Hamlisch.  Rotten Tomatoes gives it 100%.  Originally not a huge hit at the movies but since it has been remastered in 2013 it is thought to be a real gem.

See you at the movies,
Movielynne

Click here for information in IMDB.com


No comments: