Saturday, June 1, 2019

It Happened To Jane

Hello Moviemainers.    The film for the month of June is It Happened to Jane  1959   Starring Doris Day, Jack Lemmon and Ernie Kovacs, and a great comedian supporting actress Mary Wicks ( she was so good in so many films )   The film tells the story of Jane a widow with two small children from the coast of Maine who runs a lobster shipping business ( I thought this particular film as it is summer and we are on the coast of Maine would be nice for June.   She sues the railroad Company when her lobsters do not get delivered to their destination.   I loved Doris Day and I can not tell you how many times I watched Pillow Talk or Lover come back or Send me no Flowers, as these are on tv very often I thought this would be a little different.    Although this film was shot in Connecticut not Maine, it is still believable.   All the people in the background were not actors but residents of the Connecticut.   They all wanted a chance to be in the film.  I hope you enjoy the film and please feel free to send me an email if there is a film that interests you that you would like me to post.   Have a wonderful June and hope to see you soon.     P.S.  Yes Doris sings the title song love that voice of hers.    Movielynne

Click here for information in IMDB.com




No comments: