Thursday, March 1, 2018

The Card

Dear Moviemainers,

Well It is hard to believe that this month of March is our 6th anniversary of Moviemainers. I hope you have enjoyed the films and have some great memories of the get togethers we have had.

The film for the month of March is 1952 The Card starring Alec Guinness ( a favorite actor of mine), also starring is Glynis Johns and a very young Petula Clark ( hard to believe she could be 85 years old now, I still remember her on the Ed Sullivan show singing Downtown.   This is a story of a young man from the poor side of a village in England.   He works his way up from being very poor to the major of the village.   

I was speaking to Larry the Film guy via email as Larry is living in Minnesota now, he said this film is very hard to find and he thought netflix would not have it, ( he had it on VHS, I miss him! )   I was able to watch it for free on Utube , check it out.   If anyone is interested in hosting the club let me know.   I hope you enjoy .   

Your Movie Diva,
Movielynne

PS from Carl... per IMDB.com, this movie also goes by the name "The Promoter". 

Click here for IMDB.com writeup


No comments: