Thursday, June 1, 2017

A Month By The Lake

Hello Moviemainers, 

It is June and that month makes me start thinking about summer vacations.  I enjoy Vanessa Redgrave's performances and thought you should see this little film.  It is the 1995 film A Month by The Lake.  Starring Vanessa Redgrave, Edward Fox and Uma Thurman.  The film tells the story of a spinster lady in 1937 who takes a vacation to Lake Como in Italy.  The lady meets a stuffy older man and finds he has eyes for a young American nanny played by Uma Thurman.   Vanessa Redgrave was nominated for a Golden globe award for her performance but lost to Nicole Kidman for To Die For ( a great performance I must say by Nicole).  I hope to see you all in July when I will be up there.   

Have a great month.

Your Movie Diva,

Movielynne             


PS From Carl: Here's a link to Lynne & Larry's video discussing May's movie, House Of Sand & Fog... May 2017 video


Click here for A Month By The Lake in IMDB.com



No comments: