Friday, May 1, 2015

The Mirror Crack'd | Evil Under The Sun

Sorry Folks, Just running a little late this month as I am in the process of moving and there are just not enough hours in the day for me.   But I must always make time for the movies.
 

This month is Agatha Christie month.   First up is 1980  The  Mirrored Crack'ed with Elizabeth Taylor and Rock Hudson and Kin Novak and my favorite  is Angela Lansbury as Miss Marple.  This is the last big film that Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor made.  Interesting the part Elizabeth Taylor played  was originally  made for Natalie Wood.  This is a story made from the true story of Gene Tierney 's life when she was married to Oleg Cassini, the murder did not occur in real life.  Agatha took what had happened to her and made it a juicy story.
 

The second film of the month is Evil Under the Sun the reason I like this one is we have Peter Ustinov playing Hercule Poirot as he sets off on another investigation  that brings him to a tiny island that was once owned by the King Of Tyrania .  How did a millionaire wind up with a phony diamond ?  Of course there is a murder committed (I would be disappointed without one in an Agatha Christie!).  Who doesn't love Cole Porter music?   

I can not host this month as I am living out of a suitcase so if someone would love to host let me know.     

Your Movie Diva,
Movielynne

Click here for The Mirror Crack'd in IMDB.com

Click here for Evil Under The Sun in IMDB.com







No comments: