Sunday, June 1, 2014

Big Night | Mid-August Lunch

Welcome back to all club members who were able to escape the long long (did I mention long?) winter here in Maine!   The month of June is Italian month and I have two requests.  First is a movie from 1996 called Big Night.  Two brothers open an Italian restaurant in America; one is a chef the other is the manager.  The film stars Stanley Tucci  ( I think he steals every film he is in).  Stanley Tucci, with Campbell Scott, directs this film.   Who are Campbell Scott's parents?  The film also stars Minnie Driver and Isabella Rossellini.

Second film is a little Italian film called Mid-August Lunch.  As August vacations approach, a man in debt has no choice but to babysit some elderly ladies through the summer holiday.    No vacation for him!

Stay tuned to THE BLOG SITE AS THAT IS WHERE YOU ARE TO GO TO FIND WHERE THE DINNER WILL BE HELD AND THE DATE!   


Your Movie Diva,
Movielynne






14 comments:

Tom said...

Great choices! I cannot wait to see the movies.

Unknown said...

I hope you all get a chance to see these films as we are planning an Italian dinner to celebrate the films.//Stay tuned for when and where Movielynne

Leslie Rutherford said...

Hi All

These certainly look like fun films. I am looking forward to seeing them!

Keith said...

Hi Lynne, wonderful choice of film and very poignant
acting; leaves the viewer with warm feelings.

Keith Skriver

Movie Mainers said...

Hey, everyone! Here are the details about this month's club dinner...in keeping with this month's Italian theme, it will be a grand Italian affair planned by John and Kate. The date will be Sunday 6/29 at 5:30. Location will be Jim and Lynne's house. We will not be watching a movie together that night.

Volunteers are needed for the following items:

Lemon sorbet
Limoncello
Ricotta cheesecake or pastry
Appetizers (ask Kate for ideas; her email is KAM17177@gmail.com)
Red wine
White wine

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry to miss this one, but we will have company here and we already made other plans with them.

TimKash said...

Looking forward to the evening... Ed & I will be making the Timpano featured in the film "Big Night". Or more correctly... our version of it!

Angela said...

Art and I will attend and I will bring wine.

Since we will be out of our house, I can’t cook anything so my apologies for that. I would have loved making the cheesecake.

Am looking forward to seeing everyone.

We sign on 30 June and then leave for Rangeley. It will be nice seeing everyone before we leave.

Best always,
Angela

Movie Mainers said...

Tom will be in Michigan that day, but I can attend. I have a great recipe for ricotta tarts, so I'll bring that. Thanks!

Larry said...

I cannot attend the next session. I have vacation guests. I will miss seeing everyone. LARRY

Ron said...

Sorr will have to miss this as I work the next morning. Ron

Leslie and Jim said...

Have watched Mid-August Lunch and just loved it. Funny, touching and realistic. Love those ladies! They know how to have fun. And those Italian men know how to take care of their Mamas. A great choice. Will watch Big Night in the next week or so. You all have fun this summer at the din din. We head to the camp this weekend. Tallyho!

tim said...

Barbara & Richard have unexpected guests from away visiting, and cannot attend this Sundays movie club. They extend their apologies.

Unknown said...

Dear members, It looks like we will have 10 for the dinner on Sunday. If you still want to come there is openings please email me and let me know. Movielynne